Salt and Vinegar Popcorn
Try this Salt and Vinegar Popcorn – a snappy recipe, for a snappy Mon morning read. 4 ingredients, 4 minutes – if you’ve never made your own homemade popcorn before, now’s your chance to upgrade from that butter-coated movie theatre stuff!
- 4 ingredients that will hardly cost you a dime (in fact, this entire recipe will cost you a grandiose $0.90);
- Ready to eat in just 4 mins;
- The perfect 550pm snack, to satisfy any pre-dinner hunger pangs;
- Kid friendly, adult friendly, man friendly… and great for those unexpected guests that turn up at your door;
- The perfect melding of flavours and textures (salty, tangy, crunchy – just like your favourite childhood salt and vinegar chip), whilst also being low in calories and fat, and totally waist line friendly!
Grab a pot, a bag of popping corn, watch the video above, and make a bowl of this deliciousness tonight. Best served fresh! Enjoy…
Make it your own
A few notes on this recipe – ¼ cup of the popping corn makes a solid 4 cups of popped corn – just enough for 4 as a pre-dinner snack, or 2 as an afternoon tea! Once you’ve got the hang of popping your own corn on the stove, you can mix and match the flavours as you please. I’ve gone for a simple yet super classic blend of salt and vinegar. But feel free to get adventurous here! Herbed butter popcorn (using coconut oil, sea salt, fresh herbs, and a dash of oregano/thyme essential oil), salt & maple popcorn (salt & a drizzle of maple syrup), spiced turmeric (turmeric powder and salt), or matcha green tea (matcha powder, salt, and a dash of coconut sugar) are four of my favourites!
The key to get everything popped is to keep the lid on til things are all done, and keep shaking the pot occasionally to mix the heat around. Stop popping once there’s a good 10-15 seconds between pops. That means you’re pretty much done!
Would love to hear if you give this easy healthy popcorn recipe a go. No dairy, much better for you than the movie / supermarket stuff, and 100% dairy free and vegan!
More Snack Ideas
If you try this Salt and Vinegar Popcorn, let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @begoodorganics on Instagram. Thanks so much – it means the world.
Til next week, stay happy and well.
Salt and Vinegar Popcorn
- 1/4 c popping corn
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Melt coconut oil in a pot.
- Add popcorn kernels to the pot and shake until there is 10-15 seconds between pops (i.e. it’s done!).
- Drizzle over the vinegar and salt and shake vigorously until well covered. Serve immediately!