Green Kiwi Smoothie Bowl
It’s been a super busy week and a half since we got back from Bali, thus me only just getting to you now (as you know, we’re normally a Friday morning catch up affair).
So a super quick one for me, to finish off your Sunday eve, and kickstart you into the new week.
Let’s talk greens my friend. GREENS. If there’s one thing I almost universally encourage my clients to include more of in their life, it’s green veges. The salady type, the steamed type, the sprouted type, even the smoothie bowl type. If there’s one thing that will give you more energy, provide you with a wider range of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients, it’s greens. Furthermore, it’s the one food group that you’re probably not including enough of in your life. And you should!
So this week, this delish 5 minute smoothie bowl. Inspired by my travels to Bali (there are smoothie bowls there errrrywhere), but also by my nutritionist/naturopathic love for the green.
Yes, this super easy Green Kiwi Smoothie Bowl is…
- Just 5 simple, everyday ingredients;
- Totally in season right now (and you can make it with those gorgeous gold kiwifruit too!);
- Full of green goodness, whilst still being perfectly sweet;
- Low in calories and natural sugars (no added sugar), but high in antioxidants and vitamins; and
- The perfect quick and easy brekky on the run – pop it in a glass jar and your morning of work/uni/jobs is sorted!
If you’ve never tried a smoothie in a bowl before, this is your calling. You’ll be transported to Bali in moments!!
Enjoy! If you make this easy peasy, oh so delicious (and nutritious)smoothie bowl, let me know how you get on. Leave me a comment below, tag me on Instagram with the tags @begoodorganics and #begoodorganics, or post a pic or comment on my FB page here. Always love hearing from ya! It’s the best.
Enjoy the rest of your blissful Sunday, rest up, put some Lavender essential oil in the diffuser this eve (for a sweet night’s sleep), and I’ll see you back here, next Friday! Til then, stay happy and well.
PS If you like this recipe, I’d love you to pin it on Pinterest, share it on Facebook, post your recreation on Instagram (tag me @begoodorganics and #begoodorganics), or share it with your family and friends. Also, if you’re not already subscribed to my weekly recipe emails, be sure to do that here, and don’t miss my next recipe video by signing up to my YouTube here.
And, if you’re interested in one-on-one advice, I have a small number of Naturopathic and Nutrition consultations available each week, either in person or via Skype – you can find more information on those here.
Please note – if you are wanting to meet any of the specific dietary requirements below, please read my recipe notes.
Green Kiwi Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 kiwifruit OR 1/2 green apple or 1/2 kiwi + 1/4 green apple
- 1/2 c spinach/silverbeet/kale
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp avocado
- 1/3 c water
- 1/8 tsp spirulina optional
- Kiwifruit diced green apple, mint leaves, chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender for 30 seconds until super smooth, scraping down the edges after 20 seconds as needed.
- Top as you please and enjoy! I used some extra fruit and chia seeds, along with mint for flavour but you could also sprinkle on your favourite granola or cereal for a super-filling breakfast - I personally love these ones here and here for smoothie bowls!
- The avocado is optional - it definitely gives a creamier texture and taste (which I love), but the bowl is still delicious without (more fruity, icy, and refreshing).
- The chia seeds are also optional, but help to keep the bowl nice and thick, especially if you’re taking on the run.
- Use whatever dark leafy greens you have available (or in the garden) - spinach, silverbeet, and kale all work well.
- The spirulina is optional, but adds extra nutrients such as protein and iron. Instead you could also add chlorella, your favourite greens powder blend, or even matcha powder.