It’s getting cooler here in the southern hemisphere, and the flu bugs are definitely out and about, so the more immune-boosting foods you can get the better. This juice is a bit easier on the ingredient list than my full-blown Flu Shot but nonetheless is still great for your immune system and pretty darn delicious to boot. Oranges, carrots, and gubinge are all really high in vitamin C, with Gubinge being the real powerhouse here – it has 60 times the vitamin C of an orange!
Here’s to drinking away that pending winter cold!
Please note – if you are wanting to meet any of the specific dietary requirements below, please read my recipe notes.
- 1 orange
- 3 carrots
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 c water
- 2 tsp gubinge powder
- Cut up your veges and fruit into small pieces/sticks.
- Feed the orange, ginger and finally the carrots into your slow juicer, then add the water to wash the remaining juice out.
- Stir through the gubinge powder after juicing.
- Add some ice and drink straight away, or put half into a jar, seal the lid and save in the fridge til your other half gets home (or you get thirsty again).
- Camu camu powder, as another Vitamin C rich superfood, works great as a substitute for the gubinge powder.
- If you’re jarring half for later, try to use the smallest jar that fits so there’s not much air between the juice and the lid. That way you’ll limit the amount of oxidation that takes place.