This is a tasty smoothie alternative when you really feel like a sweet chocolatey hit. Add a few sneaky greens in there if you’re game, and you can say this is 100% good for you. Raw cacao is super high in antioxidants, so don’t feel bad about your chocolate addiction with this one! Add more or less greens depending on your greens-skill-level (start small people…)
Please note – if you are wanting to meet any of the specific dietary requirements below, please read my recipe notes.
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1-2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla pea protein
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 c almond milk or your favourite non-dairy milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1-2 c ice
- 1 handful spinach
- Place soft ingredients in blender first, hard ingredients (eg ice) last.
- Blend and serve!
- You can use any greens you have handy for a nutrition boost – kale and silverbeet both work here.
- Use your favourite superfood and protein supplement here as well – I love using chocolate pea protein here for an extra chocolatey smoothie!
- You can replace the almond milk with any plant-milk you have in the fridge, or you can also use water/coconut water + 1/4 avocado/1 Tbsp raw nuts/nut butter/coconut
- Some optional add-ins I love are: a medjool date, 2 tsp chia seeds/flaxseed/1 tsp maca or 1 tsp cinnamon