Kia ora my friend, or should I say – ‘I wish the essence of life on you’. Let’s kickoff the Christmas spirit with this easy dairy-free Christmas Eggnog.
How to make this Christmas Eggnog
Life, love, and food – these are the things we imagine Christmas to be about. And the food can be delicious and amazing for our bodies too – like this nog.
Let’s kick off with this delightful beverage. Have it hot (if you’re in Denmark), or cold (if you’re in NZ); in a hand-me-down mug, or a posh fluted glass; by a roaring fire, or on a sandy beach. Whichever way you have it – this egg-free egg nog is the business.
Five reasons you’ll love this Eggnog
Here are 5 reasons you need to try this Christmas Eggnog. It’s…
- Dairy and egg free
- Very low in sugars (and only from whole food sources)
- Made in under 5 minutes
- Every so slightly eggy, thanks to a magic ingredient, and
- Easily spiked with a dash of rum, if you feel so inclined
Get out your blender, double the recipe if you like, then sip on this awesome eggnog all December long.
- 1 c plant-based milk (soy, oat, nut, coconut)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 dates
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch black salt (or regular salt)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until super smooth.
- To serve hot: heat on the stove until warm.To serve cold: pour over ice (or add a few ice cubes to the blender)
- Sprinkle with extra cinnamon & nutmeg. Enjoy!
- To sweeten i’ve used whole dates, but you can also use 1 tsp liquid sweetener (brown rice syrup, coconut nectar, maple or yacon syrup), 1 tsp coconut sugar, or a pinch of stevia.
- If you have no black salt, use regular (although the black salt gives the drink a eggy sulphurous flavour).
- You can add ½ tsp maca powder as well for a hormone balancing boost, or 2 tsp cacao for a chocolatey version.