Or should I say – ‘I wish the essence of life on you’.
I thought a dash of our local Māori language might be an adept way of starting our exchange today. Given Christmas is on its way, and is – at its core – a celebration of life.
Are you excited? I AM!
Life, love, food. That’s what I imagine Christmas to be all about.I’m in the process of putting together a master Xmas menu for you, which I’ll share next week. All my tried and tested favourites, that I know will be cherished (and demolished) on your family table.
Til then – a brand new beverage addition – which is so tasty, it sure doesn’t need to wait til the big day!
Have it hot (if you’re in Denmark), or cold (if you’re in NZ); in a hand-me-down mug, or a posh fluted glass; by a roaring fire, or on a sandy beach. Whichever way you have it – this egg-free egg nog is the business.
And… it’s oh so easy! In fact, here are 5 reasons you should try this Christmas Eggnog THIS VERY WEEKEND. Think…
- Deliciously dairy-free (with no egg either);
- Very low in sugars (and only from whole food sources);
- Done in 2 mins (in the blender… into your mouth);
- Every so slightly eggy, thanks to a magic ingredient (any guesses?); and
- Easily spiked with a dash of rum, if you’re that way inclined.
Get out your blender, quad the recipe if you like, then nosh on awesome egg-nog all week long.
Plus, we made a brand new VIDEO to show you how!
By the way – how are you liking our videos? Any suggestions/recommendations that would make them even more enjoyable/useful for you? Do let me know. We’re always up for the next cinematic challenge.
Right – let’s nog
Please note – if you are wanting to meet any of the specific dietary requirements below, please read my recipe notes.
- 1 c plant-based milk (soy, oat, nut, coconut)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 medjool date pitted
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1/4 cinnamon
- 1/4 vanilla extract
- pinch of black volcanic salt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until super smooth.
- To serve hot: heat on the stove until warmTo serve cold: pour over ice (or add a few ice cubes to the blender)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg. Enjoy!
- To sweeten I’ve used a Medjool date but you can swap 2-3 regular dates or 1tsp liquid sweetener (brown rice malt or coconut nectar or yacon syrup) or 1tsp of coconut sugar, or a pinch of stevia.
- If you have no volcanic salt, use regular (although the volcanic salt gives the drink a eggy flavour)
- You can add ½ tsp maca powder, also for a hormone balancing boost
- You can make a chocolatey version with 2tsp cacao too!
- Freeze to make ice blocks for the kids!
- Traditionally a eggnog is milk, egg, sugar & nutmeg! So I’ve subbed the egg for cinnamon, vanilla and pinch of volcanic salt`