- Our Bee Pollen comes from the pristine forests of the South Island of New Zealand. It is then processed with great care to ensure the quality of vital nutrients and the natural balance of the bee hives.
Bee pollen is nature's own answer to increase your energy, vitality and physical stamina. It boosts the body's immune function to help fight off any illness. Bee Pollen is a highly bioavailable source of proteins and carbohydrates for energy, vitamins and minerals for immunity, and enzymes, omegas and amino-acids for hormonal balance.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons per day. Add a tablespoon to your favourite smoothie; sprinkle over breakfast cereal, porridge, oats, granola or yoghurt. You can also add to bliss balls, energy bars, or mix with raw certified organic ethically sourced honey (not the stuff from the supermarket) to use as a delicious spread. See our Recipes tab for more ideas.
Always use bee pollen raw, it will lose its beneficial vitamins and minerals if heated. To maximise the bioavailability of Bee Pollen, you can soak the granules overnight before eating them. This helps release the bee pollen nutrients from their surrounding shell so they are more easily absorbed and used by the body where they are most needed.
Note: Bee Pollen can cause severe allergic reaction, and is not suitable for those with allergies to bee products. If you are an allergy sufferer or an asthmatic seek medical advice before using pollen.
- Organic Raw Bee Pollen from the South Island of New Zealand
Note: We have gone to great lengths to ensure that our Bee Pollen is 100% ethically and sustainably sourced. As it is collected by another animal (bees), there does exist the very real possibility of human-abuse of those animals. However we are also cognizant that bee populations globally have been declining, and the bee keeping industry is vital in increasing those populations. We choose to only source ethically produced bee pollen from small scale organic New Zealand based bee keepers. For more information, we recommend viewing this documentary: Vanishing of the Bees. Please contact us if you have any questions on this topic, we'd love to hear from you.
- "I have been really enjoying sprinkling this bee pollen on my morning cereal. It tastes delicious, and gives me more energy throughout the day."
- Kate Sussan (Auckland, New Zealand)
"Love adding a teaspoon to my smoothies. I've also been sprinkling over yoghurt, cereal and fruit. It's so delicious, and I love that it's sourced from the beautiful South Island of New Zealand!"
- Megan Wood (Christchurch, New Zealand)
Chocolate Christmas Truffles
Choc Orange Jaffa Smoothie
Rich Chocolate Smoothie with Sneaky Greens
Pear, Coconut & Chia Bircher Muesli
BioBalance is the child of the Butler family, whose 30 years worth of experience with natural products and deep respect for the New Zealand environment has informed their line of effective and affordable organic supplements.
Not only do they draw their inspiration from their South Island community, they also often draw their ingredients from this area too and, when products are not able to be locally sourced, are only acquired from the highest standard international organic farmers. Their range reflects this, so local superfoods take their place alongside globally renowned superfoods.
View full product details