- Although this food is carefully nutritionally balanced, an exclusive tinned vegan diet cannot provide some essential nutrients a dog needs. Veganpet suggests supplementing this tinned food with Veganpet complete and balanced dry dog food.
The product is all natural (with the exception of some added vitamins, which are made synthetically) with no artificial colours or preservatives. All raw ingredients used are of human consumption quality, and where possible organic. Most of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes are added in a whole food state to enhance adsorption, e.g. sea kelp, a prebiotic. There is no wheat in this product to help those allergy/ eczema sufferes. No animals suffered in the making of this quality petfood!
- Each dog has different needs regarding amounts of food required. Change your dogs diet to Vegan food gradually by mixing the old food with 20% of Veganpet, slowly increasing the amount over several days.
- All ingredients are human consumption grade: Water, Potato, Carrots, Peas, Pumpkin Powder, Natural Gelling Agents, Vitamins and Chelated Minerals*, Corn Powder, Brown Rice, Calcium Carbonate, Taurine, Jumbo Oats, Sunflower Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Molasses, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, Sage, Soy Protein, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flaxseed, Barley Grass Powder, Blueberries, Cranberries, Tomato Powder, Apple
- “My dogs and cat all really like Veganpet food. It’s great quality with no nasty preservatives and being vegan, there’s no worry about it containing sick and diseased animal flesh. It has added enzymes and the fatty acids are added after the food has cooled, so they are not destroyed by the heat. No animal suffering here! Yay!"
- Rachael (Australia)
"Our cats absolutely love these vegan cat (and dog!) biscuits. If you are following a plant-based lifetsyle for ethical and sustainability reasons, you will feel great feeding these to your pets as part of their diet too. The ingredients list reads like something even a human would be happy to eat - quinoa, brown rice, lots of vegetables, omega 3's... happy cats!"
- Buffy Ellen, founder of begoodorganics.com (Auckland, New Zealand)
Veganpet is Australian based and a complete and balanced dry pet food that contains no animal product or bi-products. It provides a real alternative to processed animal foods. Scientific studies confirm Veganpet’s suitability for maintaining a healthy diet for both cats and dogs, young and old. All raw ingredients used in this food are of human grade quality and where possible organic.